Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a fantastic start to 2020, and if it has been anything less than amazing, I want you to know that each day holds something different. If the new year hasn’t started off the way you planned it, there is still so much of the year left. Do not feel discouraged but filled with hope and light!
I want to start the year with a challenge. I have been under the weather since December 6. Yes, you read that right for over a month!!! I am finally on an antibiotic so hopefully will be feeling back 100% very soon. I have not been working out consistently at all the past few weeks (more like a month), which is okay, but as I start to feel healthier, I want to get back into a workout routine. I am hoping we can motivate each other! My goal is to start working out 4x a week. If you already do this – that is amazing! I want to get in a consistent habit and a realistic routine. Some weeks it could be more than 4x, but I think 4x is a great start! They don’t have to be intense workouts, just whatever you want to do to move your body! I want to start this habit and carry it on with me throughout the year. Life will happen. People travel, people get sick (me), people need rest, we all have obligations to different things, but I want to try to put our health first this year! Physically, emotionally, and mentally. I want to use this challenge to create an attainable habit.
I am going to start next week on this goal and will keep you updated. I have worked out twice this week (light workouts) and can feel how weak I am. I am still feeling under the weather, so I want to ease back into it. BUT, a reminder to always listen to your body! I hope we can motivate each other to be our healthiest selves in 2020 while enjoying life to the fullest! If you have new health goals, remember it does not happen overnight. Do not be discouraged. Do not push yourself too hard. It will happen. Always remember consistency is the key to success, but don’t beat yourself up if you mess up, make a mistake, miss a day, etc. Just take it one day at a time and try your best. You are human! Love yourself every step of the way. I promise the journey will be way more fun! Always remember the quote, “In-between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed.”
Now I’m going to share with you a few snacks/just foodie things I have loved lately. Every snack is gluten-free and dairy-free!
1. Jif To – Go Cups: I don’t know about you, but I have always been someone who binge eats peanut butter! I love peanut butter! I know Jif isn’t the cleanest peanut butter out there, but it tastes so good! The to-go cups are a great hack because they are a single serving and perfect to take to work, class, running errands, etc. Crunchy peanut butter forever!
2. Suja Celery Juice (found at Trader Joes)- I know it sounds gross, but after a few weeks, I craved it! It’s good at cleaning your colon and is a great way to get some veggies!
3. M-Salt ( found at Bridge Street Market) – I love this seasoning! It is made in Michigan and tastes good on literally everything!
4. Dr. Praeger Brussel Sprout Cakes: These are really yummy and super easy to make on a skillet! They are soy-free too. They are a great alternative to the standard veggie burger.
5. Veggie Straws: I know these were popular when I was in middle school lol but I recently just fell back in love with them! My roommate got me a bag for my 23rd birthday as part of my gift; that’s how obsessed I am with them lately! I love them! Again, I will eat the whole bag, so I have found the individually packaged bags to be great and perfect for on-the-go! I love the saltiness and crunch! They taste good dipped in hummus too.
“The body achieves what the mind believes.” XO