Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas everybody!!! It’s December! My favorite month of the year is here. I love this month because of the Christmas music, hot cocoa, Christmas tree decorations, candy canes, Christmas lights, cookies, Christmas movies (the classics and dorky Netflix and Hallmark ones), and for joy, kindness, and sparkles that surround all of the festivities. This month allows extra time with those who you love, and it seems like the air is filled with happiness and hope. That being said, I want to keep in mind all of the people who might be struggling this holiday season. I never thought about this until a few years ago at one of my internships. The holidays can be overwhelming, lonely, and sad for some. We put on a holiday kindness campaign at my internship for those who might need helpful resources. The holidays have so many magical aspects, but we can forget about those struggling or missing someone special or who are far away from family and friends. I only bring this up to ask that you please keep anyone struggling in your thoughts and prayers. <3 I wish we could bottle up the empathy, love, and light this season brings to keep for the whole year!
What are some of your favorite parts of the holidays? I’ve always loved looking at ornaments and decorating the tree. It brings back so many memories and fun stories. Also, I LOVE wrapping gifts! Picking out the wrapping paper, ribbons and bows is so much fun to me. My dad taught me how to wrap gifts. He and my mom are so good at gift wrapping. They make all the gifts we give look so elegant and beautiful (I’m telling you they could be elves! hehe) And, of course, I love the time spent with family and friends celebrating blessings!
This month is very exciting for me! Not just because of Christmas and New Year’s Eve, but it is also my birthday month, and I am spending Christmas this year with my family in Europe. I am so excited and will be posting about it on my blog. Do you have anything extra special planned this holiday season? But enough about the holidays, let’s set our December goals!!
I am going to set three words to live by this month. Write your three words and tape them in your car or on the coffee pot or your mirror – somewhere you see them every day. It is great to have a mindful reminder because this month is so busy! These three words can be anything you want to achieve, work on, remember to do, etc.
- Capture: I chose this word because the holidays always fly by so quickly. I want to try to live in the moment as much as possible and enjoy every second of the holiday season. Every year I get so sad by how fast the holidays fly by.
- Declutter: I want to empty my mind of all the negativity and self-doubt. My brain still feels so scattered and stressed, so I want to try to focus on positive thoughts and gratitude. I love this quote: “Overthinking ruins things. Overthinking creates problems you never had. Don’t overthink. Overflow with positive vibes.”
- Fearless: I need to stop thinking, “what if it goes wrong,” “what if I never become successful,” “what if my life doesn’t turn out like how I want it too,” what if…,” the list could on. I need to be fearless and start thinking, “what if it all works out?”
My goals for the month are:
- Explore Europe. I want to have a fantastic vacation with my family. I want to explore and not stress about unnecessary things while on my trip. I want to live in the moment and soak it all in.
- Be diligent about my passions. One of my most significant stressors is that I have so many things I am passionate about. I have so many ideas. I am a dreamer lol. I don’t know how to make any of my thoughts a reality. But, I know this month is going to fly by, and there are so many extra things going on – I want to make sure I keep working my hardest!
- Self-care. I keep reading articles about how self-care isn’t buying yourself a tub of ice cream to eat or taking a bath. Self-care is handling the issues you keep avoiding. It is looking yourself in the mirror and coming up with a game plan on how you’re going to accomplish your goals. This is my reminder to stop cheating myself and work for it. (This might have to be a blog post!)
- My other big goal is to write more blog posts!!!
What are your goals this month? I hope you guys have the BEST December!
“I can choose to let it define me, confine me, refine me, outshine me, or I can choose to move on and leave it behind me.” XO