I am going to share with you some of my health tips that I have learned over the years with all of my stomach issues! Hopefully, at least a few will be beneficial 🙂 Health is different for everyone, each person is unique and has their own preferences. These are things that I have found that make me feel better.
- Water. Drinking water for me is a constant struggle, but when I stay hydrated I feel so much better because my body feels less swollen. Also, as you probably already know, water has major health benefits. I’ll give you some of my tips if you struggle with drinking water too. I try to drink a bottle of water when I get up before I go to work. This starts me off on the right track and helps me feel more awake in the morning. Try sparkling water. The brand San Pellegrino with a lemon or lime is really yummy, especially in the summer. Or, LaCroix (the coconut flavor is amazing). Also, putting flavors in your water like cucumber or be more fancy with and try raspberry mint (there are so many fun flavor combos on Pinterest). Tea is another great way to up your water intake. Lastly, buy a cute water bottle! That always helps me when I’m in a slump. (Also, when I go out, I either do plain vodka or Titos with soda water and lime!)
- Sleep. I am one of the people who needs 8 hours of sleep to feel good the next day. The night before I have gotten in the habit of preparing my lunch and picking out what I am going to wear. Also, if your struggling falling asleep try reading before bed instead of being on your phone or listen to a sleep playlist on Spotify. Getting a good night sleep helps with your mood and weight loss as well. (I have been trying to go to bed earlier because I want to begin working out before work).
- Apple Cider Vinegar. In the morning I mix 8oz of warm water with 1 tbsp of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, ½ tsp of cinnamon or mix in honey, lemon and sometimes cayenne pepper. ACV can kill harmful bacteria, stabilize your blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, can help with weight loss, and has many other health benefits!
- Quick workout. I’ve mentioned before I love a good quick workout. The Tone It Up app is awesome. You get daily moves on the app for free. I love it and highly recommend it.
- Sugar. Sugar is a huge trigger for my health issues. Lately, I have been really focused on decreasing my sugar intake. I have a huge sweet tooth and love gummy candy so this has been super difficult because sugar is addicting. But, if your eating sugar try to make sure its natural (i.e. bananas, dried fruit, organic products). But, don’t get me wrong – treat yourself!
These are a few of my health tips that I follow regularly. Just trying to become my healthiest self and I hope you enjoy! XO
“Fall in love with taking care of your body.”
P.S. I went to All Attributes Fitness in Grand Rapids last Monday and did the Core class. I highly recommend! Small class size and the instructor was awesome. Plus, it’s a great workout that works way more muscles than just your abs in only 30 minutes.