I know we just met but I just have a feeling you and I are going to accomplish amazing things this year!
XO – ME
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome to the roaring 20’s everyone (he-he)! I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season. It’s time to take all your new energy, ideas, passions and ambition and incorporate a few of them into your January goals. We are going to start this new decade off on the right foot. I think it is so important to dream but it is even more important to put in the work yourself. It isn’t going to happen unless YOU make it happen. No one else is responsible for your dreams except for you. You can do this! I believe in you! If you haven’t done my monthly goals with me in the past, I truly hope it is something you incorporate into 2020. I promise it will help to drive your passion and motivate you each month. It will help your resolutions not to die off at the end of January – I know so many of us have experienced in the past BUT not this year.
Another topic I want to touch on before we jump into our 3 intentions and 3 goals is that if at some point during the year or even this month you are feeling unmotivated that is okay. You aren’t going to be pushing 110% every single day, but when this happens I encourage you to dig deep and figure out your WHY. Don’t avoid digging deep. I think this is something we do often. Are you feeling unmotivated because: you are tired and you need a few days to recharge? Is it because that goal isn’t fulfilling you anymore? It is okay to change it. Is it because you went on vacation? It’s okay to just enjoy your life around you and be in the moment. A really important rule is that you don’t have to wait until Monday to restart. You can re-adjust, re-set, re-focus at any point. Just do it! Stop making excuses. The secret to success is consistency (I truly believe this with all my being).
Okay, now let’s set our 3 intentions and goals.
I am going to set three words to live by this month. Write your three words and tape them in your car or on the coffee pot or on your mirror – somewhere you see them everyday. It is great to have a mindful reminder, especially with it being the new year. These three words can be anything you want to achieve, work on, remember to do etc.
- Cultivate: I want to start off my 2020 cultivating healthy relationships, good vibes, positive energy, optimism and healthy habits.
- Habit: I want to create new habits by creating attainable lifestyle choices this month and balance.
- Intentional: I want to be intentional with my thoughts, actions and words. I want to be deliberate with what I’m doing and bringing into my life.
My goals for this month are:
- I want to make a conscious effort whenever I am complaining or thinking negative to switch it into something positive. I want to try to re-wire my thought process and not complain so much.
- Be on my phone less. I want to decrease my screen time. I have been thinking so much recently about how much more I could probably accomplish if I put the time I take staring at my phone and put it towards something else (unless its for the blog lol!).
- I want to make progress in my career. I want to learn new things will benefit my work-life.
What are your goals for January? I hope you have the best start to 2020!
“Don’t just wish for it, work for it.” XO