Relaxation and mindfulness is just as important as exercise and a well balanced diet. Sometimes the best solution to any problem is to rest, relax and recharge! Do you ever feel like you just can’t turn your mind off? I definitely have an anxious mind and I love to overthink (lol not..but I can’t help it sometimes). There are so many things going on in our lives and around us sometimes we need to stop and consciously take a mental break. Worrying, stress and anxiety can take a toll on our bodies and minds. I’m providing my fav ways to become zen (hehe)!
- Yoga! Stretch it out! From work, sleeping bad, looking at my phone too much or sometimes from working out (or when I was in school) I’ll get really bad tension headaches. When I lived at home or visit home my mom and I would always do an easy 15 minute yoga DVD lol! It’s also so easy to look up quick and simple yoga videos on Youtube. This could be a great way for you to calm down and start to unwind. Even just doing the Childs pose, the Cat and Cow pose, or deep breathing for a minute makes me feel more calm.
- A happiness/mindfulness journal – I’ve always loved having a journal and journaling but I never did it consistently. Since May, I carry a journal in my bag or to work and I’ll write down anything! Ideas, dreams, to-do’s, things that made me smile, etc., and I’ve been loving it! It helps me to stay calm, organized, and is kinda a happy place (as dorky as that sounds)! Also, one of my best friends just told me about this free app called Grid Diary and its great for being mindful and totally customizable. You can add your mood, write goals, keep a food log, journal..it can really be anything you want it to be! Check it out!
- Tea/Natural Calm (a relaxing magnesium supplement) – I love tea! Warm or cold, but drinking tea before you go to sleep is a great way to relax as you sit in bed. I love Chamomile tea and Sleepy Time tea. Also, Natural Calm is a great vegan all-natural supplement that helps me to relax and it tastes really good! I like the raspberry-lemon flavor.
- Shower or bath – A warm shower or bath is a great way to detox and relax! I’m more of a shower girl myself (I can never get the bath water temperature right lol). But, these are great ways to calm your mind, especially with the Aromatherapy Stress Relief soap and scrub. These products are amazing and I think seriously honestly help. Check them out!
- Wine! Sitting on the couch with a friend and a glass of wine is sometimes really all you need in life!
Hope these help! Have a great week! XO
“Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges, so relax.”