Relaxation and mindfulness are just as important as exercise and a well-balanced diet. Sometimes the best solution to any problem is to rest, relax, and recharge! Do you ever feel like you can’t turn your mind off? I definitely have an anxious account, and I love to overthink (lol not..but I can’t help it sometimes). There are so many things going on in our lives, and around us, sometimes we need to stop and consciously take a mental break. Worrying, stress, and anxiety can take a toll on our bodies and minds. I’m providing my fav ways to become zen (hehe)!
- Yoga! Stretch it out! From work, sleeping wrong, looking at my phone too much, or sometimes from working out (or when I was in school), I’ll get terrible tension headaches. When I lived at home or visit home, my mom and I would always do an easy 15-minute yoga DVD lol! It’s also so easy to look up quick and straightforward yoga videos on Youtube. This could be an excellent way for you to calm down and start to unwind. Even just doing the Childs pose, the Cat and Cow pose, or deep breathing for a minute makes me feel calmer.
- A happiness/mindfulness journal – I’ve always loved having a diary and journaling, but I never did it consistently. Since May, I carry a journal in my bag or to work, and I’ll write down anything! Ideas, dreams, to-do’s, things that made me smile, etc., and I’ve been loving it! It helps me to stay calm, organized, and is kind of a happy place (as dorky as that sounds)! Also, one of my best friends just told me about this free app called Grid Diary, and its great for being mindful and customizable. You can add your mood, write goals, keep a food log, journal..it can be anything you want it to be! Check it out!
- Tea/Natural Calm (a relaxing magnesium supplement) – I love tea! Warm or cold, but drinking tea before you go to sleep is a great way to relax as you sit in bed. I love Chamomile tea and Sleepy Time tea. Also, Natural Calm is a great vegan all-natural supplement that helps me to relax, and it tastes delicious! I like the raspberry-lemon flavor.
- Shower or bath – A warm shower or bath is a great way to detox and relax! I’m more of a shower girl myself (I can never get the bathwater temperature right ha-ha). But, these are great ways to calm your mind, especially with the Aromatherapy Stress Relief soap and scrub. These products are amazing, and I think they seriously honestly help. Check them out!
- Wine! Sitting on the couch with a friend and a glass of wine is sometimes really all you need in life!
Hope these help! Have a great week! XO
“Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges, so relax.”