I grew up loving to read! My mom and older brother loved reading, so I read a bunch, too. As I got older, I fell out of the habit of reading, but I’m happy that my love for reading has returned this year!
I am 100% in my reading era!
I have to shout out to one of my best best best friends, Maddy, who definitely got me into my reading era! It’s so fun discussing books with her! I highly recommend reading with a friend; it’s like our own mini-book club. Additionally, she suggested I use the app Goodreads!
What is Goodreads?
Goodreads is an app and website dedicated to book lovers and readers. Goodreads allows users to do the following:
- Create Bookshelves: Users can create virtual bookshelves to organize and categorize the books they’ve read, want to read, or are currently reading. My goal is to read 24 books this year (I’m at 23!!)
- Rate and Review Books: My favorite part! I love rating the books I read! Users can rate books on a five-star scale and write reviews to share their thoughts and opinions about the books they’ve read.
- Discover New Books: Goodreads provides personalized book recommendations based on a user’s reading history and preferences.
- Connect with Friends: Maddy is my only friend on the app, but she is all I need, lol 🙂 I love seeing the books she’s read! Users can connect with their friends, see what their friends are reading, and share reading updates, reviews, and recommendations.
- Join Reading Challenges: Goodreads frequently hosts reading challenges where users can set reading goals for the year and track their progress.
- Author Interaction: Authors often have profiles on Goodreads where they can connect with their readers, promote their books, and engage in discussions with fans.
- Book Events: Goodreads may feature virtual book events, author Q&A sessions, and giveaways, allowing users to interact with authors and win free copies of books.
- Book Lists: Users can create and browse lists of books on various topics, genres, or themes, helping them discover books of interest.
I’m going to share books I’ve rated 4 or 5 stars on Goodreads!
I read for stress relief, so most of my book recommendations are light-hearted romance beach-read vibes (especially since it was summer)!
You’ll also notice below I get many of my best books by stealing them from Maddy’s Goodreads! 🙂
- The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand (4 stars)
- Summer of 69’ by Elin Hilderbrand (5 stars)
- 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand (4 stars)
- A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand (4 stars)
- The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand (4 stars)
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid (5 stars) – Maddy found and loved too!
- The Summer Getaway by Susan Mallery (4 stars)
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (5 stars) – Maddy found and loved too!
- The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez (5 stars)
- The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez (5 stars) – this is a sequel to The Friend Zone – Maddy found these and they are both SO good
- Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani (4 stars)
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (4 stars)
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (4 stars)
- The Bodyguard by Katherine Center (5 stars) Maddy found and loved too!
I’d love to get more into autobiographies! Also, I just have to add, because I read them when I was younger – if you have not read all the Harry Potter books – it is a MUST in your lifetime!!
Let me know if you read any of these books or have any book recommendations!
More to come! Enjoy! xo